The countdown is on! Are you ready for Hour of Code? Hour of Code is a special week dedicated to helping students understand the power of computer science. The folks at Nepris understand just how important this week is for schools across the world. They also understand how incorporating Hour of Code lessons into regular or supplemental instruction can be a daunting task for teachers. So they’ve put together a handful of special Hour of Code webinars for teachers and students.
If you haven’t heard of Nepris before, this company virtually connects industry professionals with classrooms through online, interactive sessions. Their goal is to bring relevance and real-world application to your lesson plans to show students how the work in their classroom connects to the lives of others.
During Hour of Code Week the team at Nepris will offers eight sessions with professionals from AT&T, JoyLabz (Makey Makey), Sphero, and Pearson. The topics covered in these sessions include robotics, SEO, computer science, marketing, and career explorations.
Hour of Code Webinars
Here are a list of current sessions with more added soon. You can sign up by clicking the link at the bottom of the list.
- Hour of Code: FOR TEACHERS 12/5 3:00 p.m. CT This will review how teachers can bring Hour of Code and programming into the classroom; professional development for educators.
- Hour of Code with an AT&T Software Engineer 12/6 1:00 p.m. CT
- Celebrate CSEd Week With Sphero 12/6 12:00 p.m. CT
- Required Training for a Black-Belt in Digital Marketing 12/7 1:30pm CT
- A Career in Technology Relationships 12/8 10:15 a.m. CT
- Hour of Code with an AT&T Software Engineer 12/8 11:00 a.m. CT
- Oh The Things You Can Makey With A Makey Makey 12/8 12:30 p.m. CT
- S’more Coding For Everyone 12/9 10 a.m. CT
- Click here to sign up!
Teachers with premium Nepris access can sign up for any or all of the Hour of Code sessions. Teachers wishing to explore Nepris for the first time can set up a free account to engage with one live virtual session with their students. Teachers with the free account can also access unlimited pre-recorded sessions. This even includes those from last year’s Hour of Code.
Ready to jump into these special Hour of Code webinars? Visit the Nepris’ Hour of Code Week website to learn more!
Want more FREE tips? Grab an eBook too!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and special messages... and you'll get INSTANT access to my eBooks, freebies and more!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)