If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- 13 Apps & Sites to Find Informational Text
- Getty Images on iPads
- Online Resource: DocsTeach from the National Archives
- My Channel One News Blog Posts
- Udemy Apps for On-the-Go Learning
- Experience America HD Magazine
- App Update: ClassDojo’s Shared Classes
- Practice Storytelling with Toontastic
- Online Resource: Scholastic News
- Flickr: Creative Commons
- DIY Sun Science on iPads
- Explore Sound on iPads
- EduGame Spotlight: 7 Little Words for Kids
- Engage and Collaborate with Chalkup
- Fotor App for Easy Photo Editing
- Students Can Get Expert Advice from Academic Help
- Shadow Puppet EDU for Digital Storytelling
- QR Code Reader for All Devices!
- Online Resource: LIFE Photo Archive
- SMART Exchange for Interactive Lessons
- Fantastic Free Interactive Textbooks for the iPad
- App Update: Add Video To Your TinyTap
- Online Resource: Edutopia
- App Update: Brand New iTunes U
- ISTE Round-up: Apps and Resources