If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- HelloTalk Language Learning App
- Win a Document Camera & Check Out My NEW Book!
- Common Core in Action: Using Digital Storytelling Tools in the ELA Classroom
- STOPit School Bullying Prevention Program
- ClassroomIQ for Simple Grading
- New Premium Services from Frolyc
- SoundSwaps for Spelling & Reading Practice
- Pre-order Announcement! New iBook on QR Codes and the Classroom
- Classify It! Animal Exploration
- Common Core in Action: Manipulating Shapes in the Elementary Math Classroom
- Syllabuy: Teacher Marketplace for Buying & Selling Lessons
- iAnnotate for PDFs (with a Special Offer!)
- Chalkup: New Rubric Feature for Quick Grading
- The H&R Block Budget Challenge: Financial Literacy
- MelonPrep for Customizable Assessments
- 12 Super Study Tools for Students
- Pave the Way with ClassDojo!
- Create Engaging Video Lessons with Zaption
- K-2 Math Exercises from Happy Numbers
- Shmoop: Learning Guides, Test Prep, and more!
- Long Division Practice with Tapston Math
- 14 Apps to Help Students Create & Collaborate on iPads
- Tocomail – A Gmail Client App for Students
- Kickstarter Project: Storyverse 3D Book
- TheO SmartBall for Active Learning