If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- Grammarly’s Online Plagiarism Checker for Teachers & Students
- Explore the Solar System on iPads with Professor Astro Cat
- Now Scheduling! Book Technology Professional Development for Your School
- Flip Flap Jungle iPad Book: Read Aloud & Along
- Blue Planet Tales: Interactive Storybooks for Tablets
- Virtual Tour: Guggenheim Museum iPad App
- 5 Language Learning Apps for iPads
- Kinvolved: Messaging and Attendance Reporting App for Schools and Families
- Nuten Math Keyboard for iPhones: Type and Share Expressions
- The Kinder Corral: Free Kindergarten Math Game for Tablets
- Waggle from Triumph Learning: Online Practice and Instruction
- Free Virtual Visit with Author Kate Messner on Oct. 20th
- MergePDF Online: Easy Tool For Multiple File Types
- iCloth Cleaning Wipes: Cleaning Supply for Mobile Screen
- Vocabubble App for iPads: Whimsical Illustrations & New Words
- Vibby: Highlight, Share & Discuss Any Video
- Osmo Numbers: A Brand New Interactive Math Game
- Speed Reading Academy for iPads
- Write About: Web-Based Writing Platform for Teachers and Students
- Online Math Homework: Problem Solving with SOLVY
- Classloom Parent Portal: Free Parent Communication Application
- Sparky’s Brain Busters App: Lesson Plan, Resources & Videos
- Teachwise Inspire: Teacher-Reviewed Lesson Plans & PD Resources
- appoLearning Collections: Prepare for Units & Collaborate with Fellow Teachers
- PledgeCents $200 Flash Funding Opportunity for Teachers