If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- Drawing in the Science & STEM Classroom
- Classroom Tool: Dr. Seuss Treasury App
- Curious Words for Visual Storytelling
- Splashtop Education in Action in California
- Gepeto for Next Generation Storytelling
- TIME For Kids Classroom App for Interactive Current Events
- Todo Math Classroom Pilot Program
- Metria Master Teacher Edition for Data Collection and Lesson Planning
- Dr. Seuss Treasury for 50+ Digital Books
- Math Shake for Word Problems on iPads
- App Update: Zaption Mobile Player
- Splashtop – Teacher Mobility and Student Engagement for 1:1 and BYOD
- Edusight – Simple Assessment Tools for Teachers!
- Differentiated Reading Instruction with News-O-Matic
- Blasts from StudySync for Sharing Student Opinion
- Lesson Ideas for iPad Apps from Apple Education
- Digital Storytelling for the Holidays with edu.buncee.com!
- Exam Prep with Academic Help
- Augmented Reality with Giving Tuesday & Shop RED on The App Store
- The Foos: Programming Practice for Kids
- ChoreMonster for Classroom Cleanup
- Support English-Language Learners with Scannable Technology
- Monster Math for Practice on iPads
- Drawp for School Thanksgiving Teacher Promo
- MyBackpack for Early Learning on iPads