If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- Tiggly Counts an iPad Math Toy!
- Wonderful Wireless Document Camera for All Devices
- Thinkrolls for Logic and Problem Solving
- Multimedia Enhanced “ME” Journal Turns Traditional into Digital
- Pattern Shapes: A Must-Have Virtual Tool
- Try bContext to Create and Share Lessons
- 9 Workflow Solutions for Tech-Friendly Classrooms
- Popplet: Graphic Organizer for iPads and Web Browsers
- Online Resource: The Library of Congress
- 15 Apps and Websites for Primary Source Documents
- Inspire Students to Become Game Creators with Tynker
- SNAP Close Reading Portfolio for Common Core ELA Support
- Chalkup Now Available for iPhones!
- Beyond Cats! Math Pack for K,1 & 2
- Free App to Teach Fire Safety Skills
- Using Scannable Technology to Reach Parents Year Round
- Drawp for School: A Collaborative Classroom Tool
- Storyline Online for Read Aloud Videos
- Create and Share Activities with ChallengeU
- CodeHS for Computer Science
- Gamify Student Learning with Common Core Quest
- Transform Your Workflow with School 4 One
- Make Your Own Flashcards!
- Number Frames: App for Arrays!
- Shadow Puppet is iOS 8 Compatible!