If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- FluentU for Language Learning
- PowerUp WHAT WORKS Free Resource Library
- Sphere 360 for Panoramic Picture Taking and Exploration
- 9 EduApps for Animal Lovers
- Todo Math for the Classroom: FREE Trial Offer
- MadLibs: Two Tablet Apps to Engage Students with ELA Skills
- History Channel Apps for Multiple Mobile Devices (from Android to Apple Watch!)
- Translate Websites into Different Languages for Parents and Students
- 18 Apps for Summer Reading
- i-Skool: Learning in Motion on Mobile Devices
- Thinksy Games Connect Families to Math Learning Objectives
- TIME Edge: Engaging Nonfiction and Digital Literacy Resource
- Free Online Program for Math and English from PracTutor
- Literacy Assessment on Tablets with DRA2+ App for iPad
- The Answer Pad Interactive Learning Tool
- Use News-O-Matic Current Events App to Combat the Summer Slide
- ESL/ELD Digital Courseware by Teacher’s Discovery
- When do games inspire learning? Game-Based Learning Webinar May 18
- iPad Animal Cam with Interactive Games for Students
- Tour National Parks: Virtual Field Trips on iPads
- Stage App: Turn Your iPad into an Interactive Document Camera
- 9 Apps for After School Programs
- Essential 21st Century Skill Support: Try Hopscotch with Your Students
- QR Code Mother’s Day Activities from Scanova
- No More Rubber Bands: Virtual Geoboard App Update