If you weren’t one of the 200+ attendees of my live webinar, you can still check out my presentation:
This app allows you to create swipeable slides with a photo background and a small amount of text (…think haiku). It has a gallery of photos to choose from, and uses words on your slide to help you find the perfect background image – you also have the option to upload your own photos.
I’ve used Haiku Deck to share KBADs, give short writing prompts and just switch it up from my usual Keynote presentations.
It doesn’t take long to make one and students can use it to create their own presentations too!
Check out my common core aligned lesson plan using Haiku Deck!
Here’s another common core aligned lesson plan using this app!
UPDATE: There are new features that have been added to Haiku Deck that are worth checking out! My favorite has to be the ability to add bulleted list and more text to your presentation slides – a fantastic update to one of my go-to apps!
Share this on:
Last 25 Posts
- Spring Events, Special Offers and Freebies
- MathsRulz – Formula Guide
- 23 Virtual Tools for Tablets (all free!)
- Use Easy Annotate with PDFs
- TocoMail for Class Email
- Scholastic Book Wizard
- PBS on iPads
- No More Grading Thanks to ScribeSense
- Vocabulary Notebook
- Common Core with Turbo Math
- American History Clips
- Interactive Science Glossary for iPads
- Model Math Word Problems
- 19 Tips, Tricks and Apps for Classroom Management
- Track Conferences with Stream Reading
- Math Bingo for Math Facts
- Animal Math Games for Kids
- Dynamic Online Learning for Pre-K
- 11 Free Assessment Tools for iPads
- Chatterpix Makes Pictures Come to Life
- Read Music with Piano Mania
- NFL PLAY 60 For Active Kids
- Kodable to Introduce Programming Skills
- 13 Gotta-Have iPad Presentation Tools
- Art History Inspection