I’ve been waiting for this day for months and it is finally here… my new book #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment with Technology is almost ready for you to check out!
How do you check for understanding in your classroom? What does formative assessment look like in your school? It’s not about taking a test, it’s about gathering information in real-time to make sure you’re meeting the needs of all of your students.
For the past year I’ve been putting together a book with my fantastic publisher Corwin. My goal was to give you actionable tips to make formative assessment meaningful (so it counts), sustainable (so it lasts), and scalable (so everyone in your school does it too).
As we wait for the book to be ready-to-ship, I’m excited to share a totally special pre-order bonus! For TWO weeks only I’m offering a bundle of bonuses for anyone who pre-orders the book :)
What you’ll get right away:
- An exclusive webinar recording with an overview of a favorite formative assessment tool
- An exclusive cheat sheet with favorite formative assessment tools
- An exclusive audio recording of Chapter 1 so you can get started with #FormativeTech right away
- and… an early invite to the #FormativeTech Facebook group
Here’s what you have to do to get the bonus:
- Purchase the book on Amazon (use this link) or Corwin (use this link) before 11:59PM EST on March 23, 2017
- Forward the email receipt to my awesome assistant Bria (her email: email@example.com)
- Check your inbox for: (1) poster, (2) exclusive webinar recording, (3) audio podcast, (4) Facebook group instructions
Oh… and if you order 25 or more copies during the TWO week only special bonus period, I’ll host a 30-minute Google Hangout session with your school to answer questions and talk about the book! Perfect for PLCs or book clubs :)
Thank you for your support!
Listen to my interview on TLTalkRadio where I share #FormativeTech strategies for educators.
Download the #FormativeTech poster – it’s totally free!
#FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment With Technology
The forces of technology and formative assessment combined!
Formative assessment is a must for educators, but it can be difficult to juggle with all the demands on a busy teacher’s to-do list. #FormativeTech shows how technology tools can energize teacher practice by providing easy ways to implement formative assessment every day.
In #FormativeTech, you’ll find:
- Practical tips to use #FormativeTech with the whole class, small groups, and individual students
- Ideas for assessing project-based and inquiry-based approaches
- How to evaluate data and communicate results with families
In this book you’ll find tips to make formative assessment meaningful, sustainable, and scalable.
“This book is an ideal read for educators looking to grow more agile in their use of data to individualize and personalize instruction.”
Dr. Robert Dillon, Director of Innovative Learning
#FormativeTech is approachable and full of ‘use it on Monday’ ideas. I can’t wait to share this with my colleagues!”
Jennie Magiera, Educator
Author, Courageous Edventures
Buy it on Amazon (pre-order)
Schedule Professional Development (contact form)
5 Tips for Formative Assessment!
Enter your email and the poster will arrive in your inbox :)
I can't wait for you to join me on this EdTech journey!
Best, Dr. Monica Burns - Founder of ClassTechTips.com