A terrific app for helping students identify parts of speech, Grammar Pop Winterfest has multiple levels, high quality graphics and an engaging interactive platform. Visit their website to learn about educational discounts!
SPECIAL PROMO: Sign up for updates (top righthand corner) then send an email to ClassTechTips@gmail.com if you’d like a free promo code to download this app – limited supply available! **All codes have been distributed – Congratulations Margaret and Maureen!
Check out my Common Core aligned iPad lesson plans for teaching ELA on iPads!
This has been an incredible year and I am looking forward to everything that 2014 has to bring! Next year I will be dedicating more of my time to working with teachers looking to integrate technology into their instruction. Take a minute to learn about some exciting things happening in 2014:
- This February I will be hosting a live, interactive, webinar series that will take place over the course of four weeks! I highly encourage ELA teachers in elementary and middle school to check out how they can use technology to align their instruction to the Common Core.
- For teachers looking to explore iPad best practices at their own pace, my course “Teach with Your iPad: Part I – Instruct, Assess, and Manage Your Classroom with a Single iPad” will remain 50% off for blog followers! Stay tuned for Part II this spring…
- Take a peek at my events calendar. Are you looking for EdTech professional development at your school? Just ask!
- This year my free iBook 25 Ways to Become a Tech-Savvy Teacher was downloaded over 1,500 times! Stay tuned for 25 MORE Ways in the next few months…
- My Teachers Pay Teachers Store is filled with iPad friendly Common Core aligned lesson plans on a variety of topics – be sure to check it out!
- In 2014, ClassTechTips.com will be posting five times a week – sign up for email notifications in the upper right hand corner of this site.
Please reach out with questions, app suggestions or just to share your story using technology in the classroom! Don’t forget to check out Class Tech Tips on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Perfect for children learning to form sentences, Sentence Maker from Grasshopper Apps gives students clear visuals to boost comprehension. This free app supports English Language Learners in addition to early elementary school students. One cool feature – teachers and parents can record their voice saying “Excellent” and “Great Job” for when their students answer correctly!
Check out one of my Common Core aligned lesson plans for teaching ELA on iPads!
Pinterest is such a fantastic resource for teachers!
- Find lesson ideas!
- Locate new apps!
- Keep favorite blog posts in one place!
Have you used their app for the iPad and iPhone? It’s an easy way to keep all of your pins organized and find great ideas on the go!
Follow my Pinterest page!
This app is also available for Android devices.