Preparing students for a world of unknowns is a tricky task. Although we can’t be sure what devices students will hold in their hands in the next five to ten years, we do know they will have to communicate in lots of different ways. Fellow Apple Distinguished Educator Lisa Johnson’s new book from Corwin was just released this week! Titled Cultivating Communication in the Classroom: Future-Ready Skills for Secondary Students, Lisa’s book is a fantastic guide for teachers prepping students to communicate both inside and outside of the classroom.
In this book, Lisa demonstrates the importance of communication skills and how they can be introduced and strengthened in the classroom. From helping students write effective emails to exploring digital portfolios, Cultivating Communication in the Classroom provides lots of actionable resources for teachers. If you’re working with secondary students this is a must-read book. You’ll find clear explanations of how to connect communication skills to the content you’re already teaching and Communication Catchers that promote discussion in your class.
Here are a few reasons I’m excited about Cultivating Communication in the Classroom:
- Readers will find inspiring quotes to share with students
- There are lots of connections to careers where communication is key (spoiler: communication skills are important in every career)
- Lisa includes examples from her own school and classroom to give context for the ideas she shares
- The awesome communication catchers are printed on perforated paper so you can remove them and use them right away with students
- The amazing Guy Kawasaki wrote the forward for Lisa’s book
- Each chapter ends with helpful resources like checklists and further reading materials to check out
Cultivating Communication in the Classroom is now available on Amazon in paperback and for Kindle. Learn more about Lisa’s new book and check out the early reviews by clicking here.
Want more FREE tips? Grab an eBook too!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and special messages... and you'll get INSTANT access to my eBooks, freebies and more!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)