Looking for a new way to engage parents? The video tool from Bloomz is a fantastic choice for teachers who want to share information with families. If you haven’t heard of Bloomz before it’s a fantastic mobile and web app that connects teachers with parents. Teachers can communicate and keep families up-to-date all year long.
The video tool from Bloomz lets teachers send video messages to families. There are plenty of ways you can use this super cool feature from the folks at Bloomz. You can check out the video tool in action here. Here are six reasons to try it out!
Energize Parent Communication with Bloomz Video
- Videos as a Homework Coach: Teachers can send home videos that help parents support their children after school hours. Parents can review the steps to follow for completing homework and projects by watching a quick video sent through Bloomz.
- Magnify ELL Parent Involvement: You can send videos in languages other than English to reach all families in your class.
- Multimedia Portfolio: When using the Bloomz student timeline teachers can create a space to collect student work
- Keepsakes: Videos are fantastic for sharing with friends and family.
- Curriculum Support: Parents can learn along with students by watching videos connected to learning goals in your classroom.
- Timesaver: Videos can save time for parents who have a million things to juggle. It’s quicker to watch a short video than to read even a page or two of text.
Bloomz is an easy-to-use app that is more than just a messenger. Teachers can share photos and updates on daily activities and send out reminders for special events or upcoming deadlines – perfect for the holidays. There is even an alert feature if you need to get in touch with families by sending an urgent announcement. In addition to these features you can also create an integrated class calendar to help parents keep track of activities and facilitate communication between all stakeholders. Bloomz users will also find an option to create secure two-way messaging between parents, teachers, school staff, and PTA leaders.
Visit Bloomz on the web to learn more about this terrific tool!
P.S. If you’ve used Class Messenger in the past, Class Messenger announced it will be shutting down on December 23rd, 2016 and Bloomz has worked on a tool to help them transition their class easily to Bloomz so they are not left out without a parent communication tool. More details can be found here.
Want more FREE tips? Grab an eBook too!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and special messages... and you'll get INSTANT access to my eBooks, freebies and more!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)