It’s time for Round 3 of the Edcite Olympic Games series! The folks at Edcite have shared assignments about Olympians who persevered when faced with obstacles. It’s a great way to engage students in standards-based ELA and math practice and teach them to never give up.
In case Edcite is new to you, it’s a free platform that offers an extensive library full of teacher-created assignments.The assignments use technology-enhanced question types, engaging texts, and multimedia.
Give one of these ELA and math practice assignments to students today, just in time for the approaching Summer Olympics!
- “Olympian Never Gives Up” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Kerri Strug and the Vault” (Lower Elementary – interdisciplinary multimedia assignment)
- “Olympic Hero Jesse Owens” (Middle School ELA – reading information and writing assignment)
- “MS Math Olympics Assignment – Perseverance” (Middle School Math – speed and distance assignment)
- “Understanding the Power of the Paralympic Movement” (High School ELA – multimedia assignment)
- “HS Math Olympics Assignment – Will It Happen Again?” (High School Math – probability assignment)
Want more FREE tips? Grab an eBook too!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and special messages... and you'll get INSTANT access to my eBooks, freebies and more!
I can't wait to share my favorite EdTech tips, tools and lesson ideas with you!
Yours in Learning, Monica :)