You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Practice Storytelling with Toontastic
- Online Resource: Scholastic News
- Flickr: Creative Commons
- DIY Sun Science on iPads
- Explore Sound on iPads
- EduGame Spotlight: 7 Little Words for Kids
- Engage and Collaborate with Chalkup
- Fotor App for Easy Photo Editing
- Students Can Get Expert Advice from Academic Help
- Shadow Puppet EDU for Digital Storytelling
- QR Code Reader for All Devices!
- Online Resource: LIFE Photo Archive
- SMART Exchange for Interactive Lessons
- Fantastic Free Interactive Textbooks for the iPad
- App Update: Add Video To Your TinyTap
- Online Resource: Edutopia
- App Update: Brand New iTunes U
- ISTE Round-up: Apps and Resources
- App Combo: Foldify and QR Codes
- Papermals Kindergarten Primer for iOS
- App Update: Happy Numbers
- How-To: Add Your Own Voice to a QR Code
- 15 Apps for Exploring the World (Virtual Field Trips)
- ReadyRosie: Powerful Parent Engagement Tool
- App Update: Common Core Mobile App