You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Sphere 360 for Panoramic Picture Taking and Exploration
- 9 EduApps for Animal Lovers
- Todo Math for the Classroom: FREE Trial Offer
- MadLibs: Two Tablet Apps to Engage Students with ELA Skills
- History Channel Apps for Multiple Mobile Devices (from Android to Apple Watch!)
- Translate Websites into Different Languages for Parents and Students
- 18 Apps for Summer Reading
- i-Skool: Learning in Motion on Mobile Devices
- Thinksy Games Connect Families to Math Learning Objectives
- TIME Edge: Engaging Nonfiction and Digital Literacy Resource
- Free Online Program for Math and English from PracTutor
- Literacy Assessment on Tablets with DRA2+ App for iPad
- The Answer Pad Interactive Learning Tool
- Use News-O-Matic Current Events App to Combat the Summer Slide
- ESL/ELD Digital Courseware by Teacher’s Discovery
- When do games inspire learning? Game-Based Learning Webinar May 18
- iPad Animal Cam with Interactive Games for Students
- Tour National Parks: Virtual Field Trips on iPads
- Stage App: Turn Your iPad into an Interactive Document Camera
- 9 Apps for After School Programs
- Essential 21st Century Skill Support: Try Hopscotch with Your Students
- QR Code Mother’s Day Activities from Scanova
- No More Rubber Bands: Virtual Geoboard App Update
- Learn a New Word Each Day with this Free Vocabulary Email List
- Increase Student Participation with Two Terrific Name Selector Apps