You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Drawp for School Thanksgiving Teacher Promo
- MyBackpack for Early Learning on iPads
- 11 iPad Literacy Apps for Stations!
- Built-in Reading Assessments from News-O-Matic
- Google Slides on iPads
- Connecting Teacher Tutorials to QR Codes
- Buncee for Edu – Completely Free Creation Tool
- Bigsaw Designer – Puzzle Maker for iPads
- 10 Totally Terrific Current Events Resources
- Top Techy Gifts for Your Favorite Teacher
- News-O-Matic is Now Bilingual
- Augmented Reality Read Aloud Stations (with QR codes too!)
- NPR for Audio Informational Text
- MONKEYmount for iPad Classrooms
- USA Today for Mobile Devices
- 16 Presentation Tools for Educators on iPads
- Multiply and Divide with Lumio Farm Factor
- Rosetta Stone Kids Reading App
- Easy Workflow with Drawp for School
- Shutterfly’s Photo Story in the Classroom App
- Win a QR Notebook with Lesson Plan Downloads
- ScratchJr for Young Coders
- GoldieBlox and the Movie Machine
- November News and Special Message!