You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Classroom Tool: Dr. Seuss Treasury App
- Curious Words for Visual Storytelling
- Splashtop Education in Action in California
- Gepeto for Next Generation Storytelling
- TIME For Kids Classroom App for Interactive Current Events
- Todo Math Classroom Pilot Program
- Metria Master Teacher Edition for Data Collection and Lesson Planning
- Dr. Seuss Treasury for 50+ Digital Books
- Math Shake for Word Problems on iPads
- App Update: Zaption Mobile Player
- Splashtop – Teacher Mobility and Student Engagement for 1:1 and BYOD
- Edusight – Simple Assessment Tools for Teachers!
- Differentiated Reading Instruction with News-O-Matic
- Blasts from StudySync for Sharing Student Opinion
- Lesson Ideas for iPad Apps from Apple Education
- Digital Storytelling for the Holidays with edu.buncee.com!
- Exam Prep with Academic Help
- Augmented Reality with Giving Tuesday & Shop RED on The App Store
- The Foos: Programming Practice for Kids
- ChoreMonster for Classroom Cleanup
- Support English-Language Learners with Scannable Technology
- Monster Math for Practice on iPads
- Drawp for School Thanksgiving Teacher Promo
- MyBackpack for Early Learning on iPads