You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Caribu for Long Distance Read Alouds
- Halloween Party App for iPads
- Create Fantastic Videos with Wideo!
- Canva – Poster Making on iPads
- Tiggly Counts an iPad Math Toy!
- Wonderful Wireless Document Camera for All Devices
- Thinkrolls for Logic and Problem Solving
- Multimedia Enhanced “ME” Journal Turns Traditional into Digital
- Pattern Shapes: A Must-Have Virtual Tool
- Try bContext to Create and Share Lessons
- 9 Workflow Solutions for Tech-Friendly Classrooms
- Popplet: Graphic Organizer for iPads and Web Browsers
- Online Resource: The Library of Congress
- 15 Apps and Websites for Primary Source Documents
- Inspire Students to Become Game Creators with Tynker
- SNAP Close Reading Portfolio for Common Core ELA Support
- Chalkup Now Available for iPhones!
- Beyond Cats! Math Pack for K,1 & 2
- Free App to Teach Fire Safety Skills
- Using Scannable Technology to Reach Parents Year Round
- Drawp for School: A Collaborative Classroom Tool
- Storyline Online for Read Aloud Videos
- Create and Share Activities with ChallengeU
- CodeHS for Computer Science
- Gamify Student Learning with Common Core Quest