You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame Street’s iOS App
- Exploring Character Perspectives: An iPad Lesson Idea
- 15 Free Apps for Classroom Management
- FrontRow Sound Technology to Increase Attention and Engagement
- Cashtivity: Bring Entrepreneurship Education to Your Classroom
- Imagination Playground 3D Builder App
- Kindoma for Shared Reading with Video Connection
- 4 Website Resources: Zoos and Animal Spaces
- Explore Congress on iPads: Multimedia, Facts & Local Reps
- Try the Swifty App for iPad Coding Practice
- Collect Your Favorite Online Classroom Resources with appoLearning
- ClassDojo Groups: Monitor Participation & Collaboration
- Stop Motion Studio Lesson Ideas for iPad Teachers
- ModernChalkboard: SMART Board Lessons for the Elementary Classroom
- Age of Explorers: iPad Game from the History Channel
- 15 Free Apps for Math Practice
- PicsArt for Kids: Android App for Students
- 4 Web Tools for Studying Vocabulary Words
- Otus Update: New LMS Features Announced at ISTE
- Early Math App for Foundational Number Skills
- 3D Cell Simulation: Videos, Models and More
- Explore The Berlin Wall on iPads
- StockTouch App to Access Data on iPads
- 6 iPad Apps for Creative Writing
- Language Arts Activities in the Science Classroom with Science4Us