You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Blue Planet Tales: Interactive Storybooks for Tablets
- Virtual Tour: Guggenheim Museum iPad App
- 5 Language Learning Apps for iPads
- Kinvolved: Messaging and Attendance Reporting App for Schools and Families
- Nuten Math Keyboard for iPhones: Type and Share Expressions
- The Kinder Corral: Free Kindergarten Math Game for Tablets
- Waggle from Triumph Learning: Online Practice and Instruction
- Free Virtual Visit with Author Kate Messner on Oct. 20th
- MergePDF Online: Easy Tool For Multiple File Types
- iCloth Cleaning Wipes: Cleaning Supply for Mobile Screen
- Vocabubble App for iPads: Whimsical Illustrations & New Words
- Vibby: Highlight, Share & Discuss Any Video
- Osmo Numbers: A Brand New Interactive Math Game
- Speed Reading Academy for iPads
- Write About: Web-Based Writing Platform for Teachers and Students
- Online Math Homework: Problem Solving with SOLVY
- Classloom Parent Portal: Free Parent Communication Application
- Sparky’s Brain Busters App: Lesson Plan, Resources & Videos
- Teachwise Inspire: Teacher-Reviewed Lesson Plans & PD Resources
- appoLearning Collections: Prepare for Units & Collaborate with Fellow Teachers
- PledgeCents $200 Flash Funding Opportunity for Teachers
- Citation Generator from Academic Help
- Things to Learn – Study Tools for iOS
- Actively Learn: Increase Student Engagement with Informational Text
- Get Parents Involved in Your Classroom with SimplyCircle