You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- STOPit School Bullying Prevention Program
- ClassroomIQ for Simple Grading
- New Premium Services from Frolyc
- SoundSwaps for Spelling & Reading Practice
- Pre-order Announcement! New iBook on QR Codes and the Classroom
- Classify It! Animal Exploration
- Common Core in Action: Manipulating Shapes in the Elementary Math Classroom
- Syllabuy: Teacher Marketplace for Buying & Selling Lessons
- iAnnotate for PDFs (with a Special Offer!)
- Chalkup: New Rubric Feature for Quick Grading
- The H&R Block Budget Challenge: Financial Literacy
- MelonPrep for Customizable Assessments
- 12 Super Study Tools for Students
- Pave the Way with ClassDojo!
- Create Engaging Video Lessons with Zaption
- K-2 Math Exercises from Happy Numbers
- Shmoop: Learning Guides, Test Prep, and more!
- Long Division Practice with Tapston Math
- 14 Apps to Help Students Create & Collaborate on iPads
- Tocomail – A Gmail Client App for Students
- Kickstarter Project: Storyverse 3D Book
- TheO SmartBall for Active Learning
- News-O-Matic for Kid-Friendly Current Events
- Fall Announcements, Special Offers, and a Quick Favor!
- Use ZipGrade to Grade Assessments