You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Tutor Toot Online Homework Help for Students
- Capture Student Work with Seesaw – The Learning Journal
- Standards Planner Online Tool For Teachers
- JuniorTube for Video Curation
- SNAP! Digital Lesson for Guided Reading
- Teacher-Authored iPad Activities for Frolyc
- Co-Create Multi-media Notebooks with bindrs
- KONG cart Bundle: A Digital Media Solution
- Online Writing Course for High School Students
- Engaging Social Studies Lessons with Drawp
- All-in-One App from ClassDojo: Connects Teachers, Parents, and Students
- URL Shorteners for Quick Website Sharing
- Create Theme Poems on Your Tablet
- Prodigy – The Free, Common-Core Math Game
- ProjectWriter for Collaborative Classroom Assignments
- 8 Free Apps and Web Tools for Staying Organized
- Create A Kindness Journal On edu.buncee.com
- JoomlaLMS – Powerful Learning Management System
- H&R Block Budget Challenge
- 4 Key Questions About iPad Classroom Management
- Edusight – See the Whole Picture!
- Easy Timeline Creator for Tablets
- Alphabet Organizer for Word Play
- Easy Image Transfer for iPhones, iPads, and Computers
- Online Resource: ReadWriteThink