You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Entrepreneurship in Action with Free Lesson Plans from Cashtivity
- Science4Us Digital Science Curriculum: Includes Embedded PD Resources
- Lyrics2Learn: Boost Comprehension with Music-Friendly Lessons
- Pinterest Contest from Versal: Lots of Cash Prizes!
- Math Game-Based Learning with Prodigy: Free Learning Tool
- QuBowl Online Quiz Bowl Platform
- Edusight Notes for iOS: Standards Based Portfolio
- Going on Now! #SchoolSupplied Promotion from PledgeCents
- Back-To-School Giveaway from TenMarks’ DREAM Big Campaign
- JotForm: Online Form Builder for Quizzes, Surveys & More
- Action Graphing: Math & Physics iPad App
- Promote Collaboration with Free Lesson Plans from Cashtivity
- Roald Dahl’s Twit or Miss iPad Game
- Edu.buncee.com for Student Creativity & Success
- Chromebook Users! Explain Everything Available for Back-to-School
- WriteLab: Strengthen Writing Skills & Provide Feedback
- Video Resources from OpenEd Online Library
- Global Oneness Project: Free Multicultural Stories & Lesson Plans
- Master Basic Math Skills with Numbie
- Virtual Field Trips: Search & Schedule with FieldTripZoom
- iBooks Author Conference: October 8th & 9th – Nashville, TN
- AirServer Tablet Mirroring: Collaboration, Interaction & Participation
- Cashtivity: An Online Platform for the PBL Classroom
- Personalized Digital Learning with Istation Math
- New from ClassDojo: Class Story for Family Communication