You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven’t started using Dropbox I don’t know what to say… I can’t live without it!
What is Dropbox? Dropbox is a free service that let’s you share files over a wireless network. Download the software on one computer and files can be accessed from multiple locations…including an iPad.
You can drag and drop files to your Dropbox just like you would move a file from one folder to another.
View my Dropbox presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to add new documents straight to your Dropbox.
It would take me all day to list the number of apps that allow you to access your Dropbox: PaperPort Notes, Evernote, Educreations are just a few. They allow you to import PDF files, pictures and more from your Dropbox into their app. This allows you to use and modify your own content.
If you have a class set of iPads, you can download the Dropbox app on the student iPads and everyone can link to your Dropbox account – now every student has access to the same material. (Rubrics, reading passages, activity sheets…you name it!)
I attended a great presentation by NYC educator Adam Stone where he discussed setting up a video library for his ASL students using Dropbox. Check out his blog post!
This app is also available on Android devices.
I Can't Live Without... Dropbox | EduTech | Sco... -
February 25, 2014
[…] You might have checked out my presentation on using Dropbox with the Noterize app earlier this year. If you haven't started using Dropbox I don't know what to say… I can't live without it! What … […]
Last 25 Posts
- Spring Events, Special Offers and Freebies
- MathsRulz – Formula Guide
- 23 Virtual Tools for Tablets (all free!)
- Use Easy Annotate with PDFs
- TocoMail for Class Email
- Scholastic Book Wizard
- PBS on iPads
- No More Grading Thanks to ScribeSense
- Vocabulary Notebook
- Common Core with Turbo Math
- American History Clips
- Interactive Science Glossary for iPads
- Model Math Word Problems
- 19 Tips, Tricks and Apps for Classroom Management
- Track Conferences with Stream Reading
- Math Bingo for Math Facts
- Animal Math Games for Kids
- Dynamic Online Learning for Pre-K
- 11 Free Assessment Tools for iPads
- Chatterpix Makes Pictures Come to Life
- Read Music with Piano Mania
- NFL PLAY 60 For Active Kids
- Kodable to Introduce Programming Skills
- 13 Gotta-Have iPad Presentation Tools
- Art History Inspection